Reflecting on Acting for Justice
Christian action for justice requires critical reflection and prayerful discernment in the light of the gospel and Catholic social teaching. St Kevin's School Community consciously plans for and implements these reflective elements into their justice initiatives through an action-reflection process. The process of reflection is an integral part of lifelong learning. In an everyday sense, reflection is a ‘looking back’ on experiences so as to learn from them.
Reflection on action for justice, at St Kevin's School, leads to a richer and deeper understanding of how such experiences respond to the challenge of the gospel and social teaching of the Church.
Promoting Critical Discernment
- Critically reflect:
- Create non-negotiable list of behaviours
- create class covenants, publish and display in School Office foyer
- Newsletter reminders of socially acceptable behaviours
Building a Culture of Reflection
- Celebrate patron Saints
- Meditation on scripture and journaling
- Story of St Kevin and the Blackbird to reflect on social justice.